cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Missing " Save as - shrinkwrap " option

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member

Missing " Save as - shrinkwrap " option

Hi All

I have a problem, I had developed a method to take 3d laser scan STL file, which isn't compatible with Creo or Vericut, not a true STL, and convert it so it can be imported back into Creo as a solid part.

This is done using the "Save as" shrinkwarp option.

Now this works fine on my machine, which is running Creo2 M050, but last week on of the senior design engineers running the same spec, tried to use the method but couldn't as the "Save as" option for Shrinkwrap is not listed on his machine.

We have looked in both mine and his computers Config.pro files to see if there is any option controlling this, but couldn't see anything.

Why would one machine have the "Save as" option for shrinkwrap , and another not have it.

Thank you

Peter

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Intersting.... never took note of the fact that I could save to shrinkwrap. It is there on my M040 installation.

I know that some options disappear when they are not compatable, but in your case, the same file should give the same options on any machine.

Have you submitted a customer service case?

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Not as yet, If I can't work it out , I may have to

As a reference, I loaded the default install with Mechanism and the optional Co-Create import option. I have no special extension loaded beyond than.

Do you & your colleague use the same Creo Parametric license ?

Try to compare the output of File > Help > Support info (I only guess command names...)

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
vzak
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

+1 ... looks like one installation misses advanced assembly license, or something like that ...

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member
(To:vzak)

That could make sence, the issue with licenses...

I have Advanced assembly with the manufacturing license on my laptop, and only I can access it.

but the rest of the offfice is using a floating license from a server, now I remember that all except one is adanced assembly, but one is standard Pro e foundation, that might expland it, we have a look today.

Peter

I do not have an Advanced Assembly extension and I have the Shrinkwrap option available on save-as.

Top Tags