cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Model Check - Assembly Save / Component Conflict

tcusumano
12-Amethyst

Model Check - Assembly Save / Component Conflict

Awaiting PTC to identify my issue and thought I would post to community for anyone experiencing same issue.

Environment:

WC 9.1.M060

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0.M180

Model Check turned on for Save.

Model Check GateKeeper configured but not turned on.

For all sense and purpose to make this issue repeatable, all settings are OOTB.

Issue:

1. Add to Local Workspace an assembly and open in Creo Elements/Pro>Save - message states "not saved as model not changed, expected results

first_save.png

2. Do another Save - Conflict window appears asking for you to set check out, read only or continue on all the components (nothing was modified).

second_save.png

I have looked at and tested several configurations that affect save operations to no avail. When I disable MC I do not get behavior. Anyone with MC running have this issue?

Aside from this why the Save is even available to an object that was never changed in my opinion is not good practice.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Solution found by PTC

In my config_init.mcc file I had removed the below section

# Duplicate models - Automatically add dup model info to text file

# Y - always add model info

# N - Never add model info

# D - add model info but Don't overwrite existing info

# A - always Ask the user whether to add AND whether to overwrite

ADD_DUP_INFO_AUTO YNDA N N N N

Evidentally this is needed in order to use the DUPLICATE_MODELS in the defaults_check.mch file (set to "N").

This setting or lack of in the config_init.mcc was requiring the dependant compenents to be modified.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Solution found by PTC

In my config_init.mcc file I had removed the below section

# Duplicate models - Automatically add dup model info to text file

# Y - always add model info

# N - Never add model info

# D - add model info but Don't overwrite existing info

# A - always Ask the user whether to add AND whether to overwrite

ADD_DUP_INFO_AUTO YNDA N N N N

Evidentally this is needed in order to use the DUPLICATE_MODELS in the defaults_check.mch file (set to "N").

This setting or lack of in the config_init.mcc was requiring the dependant compenents to be modified.

Top Tags