cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Model in Instance is missing in Generic

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Model in Instance is missing in Generic

I have an assembly where the instance has a model (Picture 1), but I do not see the model in the Generic (Picture 2). Usually I'll see it but it in a suppressed state. And by the way, if I suppress the Side2_5023_Foot in the Generic assembly, the outline of the part shows up. (Picture 3)

Thanks, Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

At this particular time I decided to delete the two groups, SIDE1_5023 & SIDE2_5023, which deleted the missing/hidden parts with them. I then added them back into the assemlby and they are now clearly visible in the tree. Sorry I wasn't able to spend more time on this, but I looked into various settings in the view tab and elsewhere to no avail.

Thanks Martin and Antonius for your help.

I am going to mark this as correct only because I don't have the problem any more not because I was able to resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I guess this isn't the only model with which I have had an issue. This was from October.

http://communities.ptc.com/message/190202#190202

Thanks, Dale

oops... got confused in the posts.

I have not used family tables before but I probably should.

If I knew how to do this I could at least figure out of this issue still exists in Creo 2.0.

Could this be a graphics card/driver issue?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I don't think it is graphics card/driver issue because I have had happen in only a few (maybe two) models. I am thinking something was added at the instance level and didn't get translated to the generic. I was trying to see if it was some sort of rep (i.e. master rep) thing since I have not use this much and am unfamiliar with it. Both of these models predate my being at this job.

Dale,

I guess that you assembled the unvisible component directly into the instance. I think that in such case, the component is suppressed in generic by default. Try to open generic. Then open its family table and go through its columns. I think that you will find the column related to unvisible component. I expect that the cell located in this column will contain N value.

Check the family table and let us know.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

To see the component in generic, simply do Resume for it, regenerate the generic and save it.

I suggest you to check family table, again. All instances, which contain * in component's column, will now have the component visible. To hide the component, set N value in component's column.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Martin,

How would I Resume the part? I know that when something is suppressed, to click on it and Resume, but what about when you can't see it in the family tree. If you compare picture #2 and #3 (above) and #4 (included here) the caster part does not show up in the tree. Is there a way to resume from the family table? Usually I cannot edit the top line of the generic in the family table, only the instances.

Thanks, Dale

Dale,

look at configuration tools at the top of the model tree. Using them you can display suppressed features (also components) in the model tree.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

In the 1st example above, in Model Tree Items, I checked Suppressed Objects, but that did not change anything. Is there something else that you are thinking about.

Dale,

it seems to me that your assembly is little bit complicated. If you can, please upload your data to enable me to investigate them. If it is not possible to upload data, then you have to investigate relations between components by yourself .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

At this particular time I decided to delete the two groups, SIDE1_5023 & SIDE2_5023, which deleted the missing/hidden parts with them. I then added them back into the assemlby and they are now clearly visible in the tree. Sorry I wasn't able to spend more time on this, but I looked into various settings in the view tab and elsewhere to no avail.

Thanks Martin and Antonius for your help.

I am going to mark this as correct only because I don't have the problem any more not because I was able to resolve this issue.

Ah... I have to remember to use that Pro/E legacy "Do Over" buttom more often

Isn't that like Dell telling me that I will get no service until I format my hard drive and restore the initial image?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Sometimes it's quicker. Yes.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Here is a link to a solution found. I don't know if it would have solved this problem but wanted to link to it:

Missing parts in generic part that are in instance

Thanks, Dale

Top Tags