cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Model regeneration issue

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

Model regeneration issue

We are experiencing a regeneration problem, with some of our assembly models. We introduced Windchill a few months back, and we are seeing very slow model regeneration (a couple minutes) for some of the assembly models that where imported into Windchill. We use inputs and execute statements to control the size of parts. This allows us to reuse the part models in multiple assemblies at different sizes. We are using the same parts in several assemblies. Assemblies that have been created with these parts after we introduced Windchill, regenerate very quickly (a few seconds). The size of the assembly models is similar. This is making it difficult to figure out what is creating this regeneration issue.

We have had a case open with PTC for 3 months and they have been unable to solve the issue. I’m wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before. We are using Creo 2.0 M040 with Windchill 10.1 M040. Our computers are Dell Precicion T3600, Intel Xeon® CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80GHz, 8GB RAM, with a 64-bit operating system.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I should also mention that if I disconnect from the Windchill server it takes these models just a few seconds to regenerate.

Top Tags