cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Modifying assembly constraints

riverside34
1-Newbie

Modifying assembly constraints

I am struggling to modify an existing assembly constraint between two parts in Creo 2.0—by using the Assemble option in the Model dashboard. But how can I modify a constraint once I've created it? I have browsed some online resources on creating constraints, but these seem to mention options that I don't see in my Creo version. Even deleting a constraint seems a mystery to me forcing me to, at this point, simply delete entire parts and start over. I miss SolidWorks 😕

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No worries... there is nothing trivial in Creo

All the pop-up menus in the video are right mouse clicks.

Video Link : 5318

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Right mouse button. You are highlighting the constraint for replacement if you want. You can remove the individual constraint and you can delete the pair of constraints. And you can delete the entire constraint set. Delete the entire constraint set if you want a different constraint type. You can have multiple constraint sets.

Thank you for the reply Antonius. Can you clarify where in the model I should right-click? If I right-click the constraint node in the model tree view, I can select Info or Repeat, neither of which seem relevant to our case. I tried selecting the constraint node and right-clicking a constraint entity—plane, edge, etc—in the visualization pane, but to no avail. Thank you again for answering what must be a very trivial question

No worries... there is nothing trivial in Creo

All the pop-up menus in the video are right mouse clicks.

Video Link : 5318

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Anytime!

arekkul
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Hi @TomD.inPDX

would you please send me the link to this video once again?

The attached one is not working.

thank you

Arek

When I follow the link a blank page opens? 

AL_10409690
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

i am finding that out

it does a way no normal people would understand [and i have used Inventor NX and SW, I can easily jump from one to the other w/o major issues]

CREO reminds me I-DEAS  

Hi,

if you want to modify a constraint of assembled component, then you can:

1. select the component in Model Tree
  2. press RMB and click Edit Definition command
  3. in Component Placement tab > activate Placement sub-tab
  4. now you can see all constraints and you can change references

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags