cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

ModuleWorks another bug ?

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

ModuleWorks another bug ?

Keeping testing moduleworks on different projects. While testing a program I achieved with M080 and Vericut I went on M090 and Moduleworks to see what it does. And the simulation is not correct ! Once more.

Here is how the path looks like in Creo.

And here is what Moduleworks does ! As you can see on the left it does a simple circle !

And here what it looks like in Vericut, which is correct

Honestly what's the point to have this simulation module which we can't trust. It really has to be solved quick otherwise I won't be able to use the new releases of Creo and will seriously think about stopping maintenance program.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
rlysy
5-Regular Member
(To:RaphMORIN)

I have tested similar machining yesterday a I have got incorrect simulation too. When I set parameter CUTCOM to OFF simulation looks ok. Unfortunately it does not solve the bug in Moduleworks.  When CREO3 M090 is used, I think that reliable  toolpath simulation can be done in very old NCCheck only. This is reality.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:rlysy)

It looks like there is a problem with CUTCOM then. I'm really wondering how these software are tested before release ! The first file I open and test there's a problem and the second one also !

JoseCoronado
14-Alexandrite

Raphael, in Creo 3 M100 we are taking care of some detected CUTCOM issues. If you didn't open a call for this yet, I will encourage you to do it. I will prefer to have your mfg model to check if the fix done in M100 is addressing the issue you experienced.

Regards

Jose

Ok, done I opened a call it's n° 13025801

JoseCoronado
14-Alexandrite

Thanks. We'll take a look..

Issue has been reported to R&D as SPR 5642630

I have experienced cutcom issues as well especially in models with the old custom trajectory command.

Top Tags