cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Need help finding an equivalent force for a given deflection

MarkEvans
1-Newbie

Need help finding an equivalent force for a given deflection

Hey all...quick question. I have a small composite clip for which I am doing a 2D Plane Stress analysis. I have cut the clip in half and have fixed it at one end. The other end is being forced to deflect 0.030". The analysis runs great, but now I would like to know how to calculate the 'equivalent force' that would be required to produce that given deflection. I tried creating a measure but didn't really know what to do with it once it was created. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The file clip_main is the whole clip. The file clip_main_sim is an inheritance model part that I am using for the Simulate analysis.

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MarkEvans)

Mark, admittedly I did not open your file. That being said though, you should be able to add a contraint and instead of making it fixed, select the prescribed displacement button (to the right of the default fixed button). If you type in .030 you should then be able to create a force measure that measures the force at that constraint.

alternatively you could assign a easily scalled force load (1 unit) and then scale as needed to give you the desired displacement.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MarkEvans)

Mark, admittedly I did not open your file. That being said though, you should be able to add a contraint and instead of making it fixed, select the prescribed displacement button (to the right of the default fixed button). If you type in .030 you should then be able to create a force measure that measures the force at that constraint.

alternatively you could assign a easily scalled force load (1 unit) and then scale as needed to give you the desired displacement.

Thanks Chris...I failed to notice that you could assign the measurement directly under the category 'Reaction at constraint'. Much appreciated.

Top Tags