cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Not placed parts

dbreen
1-Newbie

Not placed parts

I've build an assembly containing multiple parts in which I defined different instances using the family table. However 3 parts are missing in the model tree of the generic assembly, but  are shown in the respective instance assembly. I've turned on all model tree filters but that doesn't help. When I look in the Layer tree of the generic assembly there aren't any layers shown for the 3 parts. Used the find tool to search for the parts,they show up when as I not placed parts, as shown in the image. How can i replace the parts, or how to solve this problem?

not placed part.png

Thanks in Advance,

Dave

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Dave,

show me Family Table dialog box related to your assembly.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

this is the family table from the generic assembly. The parts indicated in red boxes are the ones that are indicated as not placed when is use the find tool.

Family Table.png

Dave Breen

Dave,

N value in red columns in generic row should mean that these components are suppressed in generic assembly. To see them in model tree, enable to display Suppressed Objects. Then you can Resume them.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

I've already checked the box for Suppressed Objects, however all the parts are shown in the model tree except the three in the red columns. So when I resume all the parts shown in the model tree and go to the family table, an N is still displayed for the parts in the red columns.

Dave,

maybe you can test answer mentioned in Re: Missing parts in generic part that are in instance

MH

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:dbreen)

I ended up twice sending files to PTC to be fixed for this very thing:

Re: Missing parts in generic part that are in instance

Re: Model in Instance is missing in Generic

Thanks, Dale

I did delete some of the references which the parts had in the instance, however the parts weren't displayed in the model tree of the generic assembly as a result of this.

Dave Breen

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:dbreen)

As I mentioned in one of the strings. It fixed one family table, but there was still (2) family tables that I ended up sending in PTC to get fixed.

Top Tags