cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Options greyed out in "Mechanism"

js-4
1-Newbie

Options greyed out in "Mechanism"

I'm trying to create a spring in "Mechanism". What I did was I created two simple components in an assembly, and when the assembly is activated, I clicked Applications->Mechanism, and then a couple of options including "spring" are greyed out. in "insert" ribbon, only "servo motors" is available to select. All items in "properties and conditions" ribbon are greyed out. There is no "spring" option under mechanism tree.

I'm using Creo 2.0 Parametric. Can someone help?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:js-4)

Core Creo mechanism doesn't have all the options shown in the menu.

You need the advanced mechanism extension.

If you have this, maybe it wasn't installed.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Jose,

I think that your Creo license contains Mechanism Design License (module number 127), only and Mechanism_Dynamics (module number 191) is missing.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks MH, how do I add that module, should I re-run the installation? Do I need separate license for that?

Jose

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Jose,

firstly you have to check whether you license file contains Mechanism_Dynamics (module number 191) module. Mechanism_Dynamics is not included in basic Creo license, it is separate item.

MH

Martin Hanák
lprince
1-Newbie

You must assemble your components using mechanism constraints, pin, translation, cam etc.

gkoch
1-Newbie

Hello Jose,

was it the missing license, as Antonius and Martin suggested or rather something else like in Lee's answer?

Thanks,

Gunter

Top Tags