cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

PLMS tutorial site- assessments

bpenza
5-Regular Member

PLMS tutorial site- assessments

The PLMS tutorial sites are great. I use them as supplements in my Intro to Cad class for High School students. I was using the final assessment (the 60 question multiple choice) as an additional grade for the students. Then I realized that they have found an easy way to cheat their way through the assessment. Now I only accept the grade if I see that they have spent time on the unit.

Two questions.

1. Is there any way to secure the answers from the students when they take the assessment quizzes.

2. When the usage report is run, does it check for actual click time hands-on or does it just take sign-in and sign-out? So, if I see that a student has spent 5 hours on the unit, can I be confident that he/she has really spent 5 hours, or maybe that they just signed in, left the screen up for a few hours and then signed off a few hours later without reading a stitch.

It is unfortunate that students look for the easy way out, it does eventually catch up with them.

Thanks for any insight into how the PLMS site works.

-Brett

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:bpenza)

Brett,

Talking of unique way students try to skirt the system, I was at a SolidWorks user group meeting with a high school teacher and he talked about model origins and history and how he could trace certain assignments back to a few students who then shared there models with others. The student didn't realize that through the model history he could check and see who was completing the assignment and who was just copying another students models.

Thanks, Dale

Top Tags