cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Part Locations for Assemblies

msteis
1-Newbie

Part Locations for Assemblies

I'm trying to get some standardized parts here where I work. We use a lot of common parts in our stack ups. Do all the files for an assembly need to be located in the same folder as the assembly? Right now, the way I'm set up, I have to locate the missing part each time I open the assembly probably due to it's locaation.

Thanks,

Matt

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

No, you can work around that. There is an option in config.pro called search_path, where you can define additional path Creo will search for parts, when they're not in working directory. One search_path option can contain only one path, but you can add as many search_paths as needed. Also remember, that Creo doesn't search subdirectories, so you need to set path for every subfolder containing parts.

But, if you have a lot of directories with standard parts, adding many search_paths can be a real pain in the neck, so you can use another option, search_path_file. To use it, first you need to create a simple text file called search.pro and put in it this file all directory paths you want Creo to search for paths (using format one line: one directory path, so it looks like this:

C:\Library\Washers

C:\Library\Nuts

and so on.

Then you put a path to search.pro file in search_path_file option and you can only modify search.pro file whenever you need to add a nwe path.

Great! Thanks a lot Lukasz.

Matt

No problem, hope it'll work as intended

Top Tags