cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Parts in a instance that are not in the generic

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Parts in a instance that are not in the generic

I have an assembly that when I open an instance, the parts are in the instance, but they are not it the generic. Typically I have seen these in generic, but suppressed. When I look at the family table, they are there, but it has a N for the generic. I am not sure if this was created in an earlier version of Pro and then the parts didn't show as suppressed in the generic.

Thanks,

Dale Rosema

WF5/Creo M130

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I guess this has plagued me several times in the past:

Here is a solution that I found:

Missing parts in generic part that are in instance

Thanks, Dale

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I attached a couple of jpgs showing that the part is not in the tree of the generic, yet it is showning up in the family table. Could there be some sort of filter that I need to turn off?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I guess this has plagued me several times in the past:

Here is a solution that I found:

Missing parts in generic part that are in instance

Thanks, Dale

Top Tags