cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Parts no visable when opening up a assembly?

rmiller-2
1-Newbie

Parts no visable when opening up a assembly?

Hello I am having issues of parts not visible when opening up a assembly in 3.0 . There is a few of my parts not visible in the graphics area however they are in the model tree . There a no simplified reps of this assembly . I can activate the missing part, edit a feature and the part shows up.  I can save the assembly but when I re open it  its missing again. Any ideas ??

Thanks  

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rodney,

You may mark appropriate reply to post as correct answer.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Hi, it is possible to share your assembly (we can try to investigate your data)

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Sorry but our company will not allow it .

Thanks

Rodney,

I met similar situation in CR3 M020. I used the following procedure to resolve the problem.

1. I started Creo session
  2. I opened top assembly (for example myasm.asm.22) from original directory
  3. I created backup directory (for example c:\backup)
  4. I applied Backup command on top assembly into backup directory
  5. I ended Creo session
  6. In backup directory I renamed top assembly file (for example from myasm.asm.1 to myasm.asm.23)
  7. I copied renamed top assembly file from backup directory to original directory
  8. I started Creo session and opened top assembly (myasm.asm.23) from original directory ... assembly display was OK

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks I will give that a try .

I just would like to know what causes this problem . I have seen it happen a few time in the past and not sure if it is a software bug or something I am doing incorrect .

Thanks

I guess the problem is caused by software bug...

Martin Hanák

Martin Hanak , I tried your solution and it corrected the problem . Talked with our CAD manager about this and he to has seen this problem on  few occasions . I believe it is a software bug also .

Thanks for your help  

Rodney,

What are the results if you change the display style to Wireframe/Hidden Line/No Hidden/Shading after retrieving the assembly?

I tried that but it seems to make no difference.

Thanks  

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rmiller-2)

Basic question but I gotta ask...Are the parts hidden or turned off in a layer?

hidden.jpg

This part is hidden in the Model Tree 

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Correct , my part shows up not hidden in model tree or layer tree, just not visible in graphics area . 

Thanks

No, one of the first thing I checked for .

Thanks  

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rmiller-2)

I assume this same model opened up on another machine exhibits the same issue?

I would suggest opening up a support ticket with PTC. See if they can explain the behavior.

Rodney,

Try below steps (not sure whether it will work or not), if it fails create a case for Tech. Support.

1. File > Options > System colors

2. Miscellaneous > Change color for 2D Model References to some other > Ok

3. Check component display in assembly.

Rodney,

Any update on this?

Yes please see the reply to Martin Hanak

Thanks

Rodney,

You may mark appropriate reply to post as correct answer.

Top Tags