cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Parts not showing up on drawing.

ptc-4782837
1-Newbie

Parts not showing up on drawing.

Hi,

I have just done a general assembly drawing. When I was doing the drawings all the parts were there. After I saved the drawing closed creo and reopened it the parts seem to be missing even though they appear on the balloon table and also are present on the assembly it self. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
15 REPLIES 15
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4782837)

Is this a family table part/assembly or is it just a single assembly and its drawing?

Sorry I am not sure what you mean. It's a an assembly consisting of one more assembley the rest are individual parts. I have then done a general assembly drawing for it. Do you know how I will be able to solve the issue? Thank you.

There can be a few reasons this happens. Please give us a better idea of that this drawing shows with a screen shot. Tip: 1) highlight the components in the model tree below the detail tree and see if they highlight on the drawing view. 2) have you accidentally erased the component 3) is it exploded to somewhere outside the drawing view (clipped views) 4) is the components on the wrong side of a section... Those are a few places I would look.

I have went over tip 1 and 2 and there seems to nothing wrong there. I do not understand what you mean by clipped views. The part was there initially and it just disappeared as soon as reloded the drawing. It still appears when I scroll the next option when I try to change the hatching on the drawing. I have attatched an image. You can see on section BB the bearings and the seals are missing.Creo+Part+missing.jpg

hi,

Have you tried updating your views? Under Review tab.

Looks like your assembly model is regenerated, but have you got it oppened before opening the drawing?

Hi, I have just tried to update the views but it hasn't worked and I have not got the assembly model open.

Ok, so what Creo version is this?

Could you open the assembly and redefine your cross sections from there? Are all of your parts still showing in repeat region?

I've had some tough times fighting cross sections back when I had to deal with Creo 1.0.

I am not sure what's wrong there just from that screenshot.

EDIT: It seems like your xsec isnt constrained to the model axis.

I have creo 1.0 and what you mean in the repeat region? And what do you mean by xsec is not constrained to the model axis?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4782837)

Check and see if the parts are all visable in the assembly. This has to be done in the model and the results will be seen in the drawing.

Then try this:

View tab -> Visibility -> Save Status.

This will make sure that is something was once hidden that if is it now visible and the view status saved. I have had thing "show up" that could not be seen by doing this.

Hopefully it helps. Dale

I have tried that unfortunately no luck Thanks for the help anyway.

Try activating, and showing section B-B in the assembly model. See if it is showing up correctly. Then redefine the section by flipping the section (in the upper left corner to the right of the value). Now go back to the drawing and regenerate the drawing and model. See if this corrects the problem.

Like I said before, the parts seem to be there, but they are not sectioned.

How do I redfine a section? I useually just delete it and make a new section. Is there another way to do it without actually deleting the section. Thank you.

right-click on the section in the model tree and pick "edit definition"

I suspect the bearing and seal are shown, just not sectioned. This often happens when part interfere with each other. What I am observing, but it not clear in the image, is that it appears that in the outside corners of the bearings and seal, you see a radius and in the case, it seems square. So it appears there is an object there.

It is unfortunate, and extremely rude of Creo to still have problems with sections... if not worse than before. One way I have fixed these is to reverse the section plane in the assembly. It seems weird, but often it fixes things and is easier than reversing the view in the drawing.

Just to make sure, have you maybe "excluded" the bearings and seals from the section at some point?

SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I totally agree with Antonius.

It looks like a "non-cut part because of an interference".

Top Tags