cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

'Placement' sub menu won't appear - what have I missed?

msingleton
1-Newbie

'Placement' sub menu won't appear - what have I missed?

Hi all,

I am working on Creo 3 with various assemblies and sub-assemblies. Until recently it was functioning normally, but now when placing an object/assembly, the sub menu under the 'Placement' tab won't appear. The adjacent Move/Options/Flexibility/Properties tabs work fine, its just the Placement.

Hopefully one of you guys can help with the problem.

Mike.creo_issues.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Mike,

I feel as if I've come across this issue before, for a different customer, but I am unable to locate it.

1. Have you tested on another machine?
  2. Is this for all assemblies or just some?
  3. Has Creo been running for a long period of time, without a restart?  If so, close down Creo and launch it.
  4. Test without any configs.

If I can find that other case, I will add additional notes here.

Thanks,

Amit

Hi Amit,

I haven't tested on another machine, as well. I don't have one to test. It's the same for all assemblies, and also whether Creo has been running for hours or just started. I am running it without any configs loaded up.

Thanks for your help,

Mike.

It looks like you are using mechanism connections which are handled differently than placement.

I see the message "Connection Definition Complete," which is part of mechanism, not assembly placement, which is why only Move is available in order to let you drag the mechanism.

I don't know how you got there, but that seems to be where you are and it is acting as I would expect it to act.

Hi,

see Re: Placement disapperaed

MH

Martin Hanák

Beautiful.

The last post in that thread;

"In such cases other option can be used to rest the position of panels. Option "Rest Panels Position" is available under File > Options > Window Settings "Rest Panels Position" "

Got things sorted straight away.

Thanks for the help everyone. I can resume as normal!

gmehta
5-Regular Member
(To:msingleton)

This work...

"In such cases other option can be used to rest the position of panels. Option "Rest Panels Position" is available under File > Options > Window Settings "Rest Panels Position" .

Thanks.

PTC should make an article about this fix and put it  in the Technical Support Search section

@msingleton  yes, its  really working. thanks. 

Why would PTC have the capability to do this?

It's rhetorical.

cracusen
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

MH,

My users would like to deactivate this Creo 3.0 "feature" entirely. Can this option be set in config.pro?

-Chris

Hi,

I am sorry I do not know any option how to disable this behavior.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags