cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Possibility for renaming using template box tool

mmuhamedagic
6-Contributor

Possibility for renaming using template box tool

Hello,

During assembly renaming I'm wondering is it possible to have :

BOX_A1_1.PRT  in to BOX_A1.PRT

just using template box to avoid doing this one by one part.

I have STEP assembly file which I would like to use with new part names.

Im offline PDM and working on Creo 2.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Try to take a Save a copy of assembly

Refer document: https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Save-a-copy-document-for-rename/td-p/446965

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but I'm guessing it is:

BOX_A1_1.PRT --> BOX_A1.PRT

PLATE_A1_1.PRT --> PLATE_A1.PRT

SOME_NAME_1.PRT --> SOME_NAME.PRT

if that's the case, then you could Use Template: *_1.PRT = *.PRT

mmuhamedagic
6-Contributor
(To:psobejko)

Hi Paul,

What I am trying to accomplish is to have file names without underscore line or any other sufix thay may appear when I open STEP file of assembly.

The STEP file which I have is probably (or 100%) saved from Creo assembly in .asm extension.

It starting to be interesting when I try to do this renaming job with assembly which count over 500 parts and of course with several "reuse" items .

So far I didnt know for this "Save copy" solution with "txt" importation from Excel which has been posted by lokesh lokesh.

And of course, I do not need to add any comment about editing in Excel which is one very powerful software tool .

Top Tags