cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Pro/DESKTOP has stopped opening some of my files suddenly!?!?!?!?!

crackers28
1-Newbie

Pro/DESKTOP has stopped opening some of my files suddenly!?!?!?!?!

Hi people,

I've been using Pro/DESKOP for some years now in order to learn 3D CAD modelling. I have built up a very extensive library of Meccano parts which I can use to build assemblies of my Meccano model designs.

In the last two weeks I have noticed that I cannot open roughly half of the parts I have modelled. I get a very unhelpful error message saying the following:

"File "XXXXXXX.des" is either the wrong kind of Pro/DESKTOP file, or it is not a Pro/DESKTOP file at all"

The parts were all built using my current version (Pro/DESKTOP 8, Datecode 2003330, Build 1061) and all have been opened on many occasions.

The odd thing is that I have duplicated some of the parts, the only difference being the surface finish of the part e.g. Prt No. 6 - 2" Strip Green, and Prt No. 6 - 2" Strip Zinc. Now Pro/D will open all the Green strips, but none of the Zinc strips!!!???

Can anybody help please, as the parts have taken me a long time to complete and I don't want to have to make them again.

Recent additions to my PC are a new graphics card (which you would think would make things better) and also the installation of SolidWorks, which I have bought to move on to the next level of 3D modelling.

It's doin' me 'ead in - please 'elp !!

Thanks very much for anyones help (in advance).

Cheers

Dave Terry

Nottingham, UK

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags