cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Pro/Weld with family tables

bhartwich
1-Newbie

Pro/Weld with family tables

I have started adding welds to my weldments with Pro/Weld so we can calculate weld lengths. Now I have an assembly with some instances with varying widths of a product. I have a skip (intermediate) weld along the width of two components with 6 welds. I would like to vary the welds to 7 and 8 on the next two widths. Is there a way to add this to the family table for each instance?

Thanks in advance.

Brent

Also just learned to not hit return when typing in the Subject line......

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

SUMMARY

Many thanks to Dan McCaherty for testing this out. It appears that this is not possible on WF4, but it is on WF5.

I ended up using a work around by creating an analysis feature to measure the part length. I then set up a parameter for number of welds, then made a feature relation to drive the weld pitch based off the measured distance and the number of welds parameter. A little more work, but effective.

Weld_pitch = (distance:FID_Part_length - weld_length) / (Num_weld - 1)
Top Tags