cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

ProSelect() for Drawing View Component

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

ProSelect() for Drawing View Component

Creo 5.0 M200

Is it possible to call ProSelect() on a drawing to allow a user to select an individual component within a drawing view of an assembly? I think that Bob Monat had some requirements for this some years ago because he could not do it. Am I wrong? Is it possible? Is so then can someone provide an example?

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CEF191.39A7C010]

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Murugadoss,
Let me respond with my understanding of the PTC response. You were calling ProSelect() on a drawing and allowing the user to select and edge? If that is true then I believe I can understand what component the edge belongs to. Is my understanding correct?

Can you show your ProSelect() function call so I can see what filter you used.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CEF194.75DA2ED0]
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:pwilliams-3)

Hi all,

Patrick,

Just use "part,prt_or_asm". Worked fine for many years

ProSelect( "part,prt_or_asm", 1, NULL, NULL, NULL,NULL, &p_sel, &n_sel); // not sure aboutnumber ofNULL's

HIH.

In Reply to Patrick Williams:

Creo 5.0 M200

Is it possible to call ProSelect() on a drawing to allow a user to select an individual component within a drawing view of an assembly? I think that Bob Monat had some requirements for this some years ago because he could not do it. Am I wrong? Is it possible? Is so then can someone provide an example?

[cid:image001.jpg@01CEF191.39A7C010]

Thank you all for the confirmation of this functionality, it is much appreciated.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CEF1BD.F833F270]
Top Tags