cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Problem after crash Creo View 3.0 MCAD

dtimperman
1-Newbie

Problem after crash Creo View 3.0 MCAD

Hi all,

We have had an issue with PTC Creo View 3.0 (MCAD). First of all, I'm not the actual user of the software, and I'm not too familiar with it.

One of our users however was working in the software when it crashed (do not know why). After the crash he opened the project again, but

when he tried to view the assembly, nothing shows up. The tree shows all parts with a small red x now (see screenshot). Does anybody have

an idea of what went wrong and/or how to fix it? The user spent several hours on the changes, saving regularly, but now has to start over...

Thanks in advance

Dominiek

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

the following tip is just my guess, how to resolve the problem ...

1. Go to %APPDATA% directory and look for PTC subdirectory.
  2. rename PTC subdirectory to PTC_old (for example)
  3. test PTC Creo View 3.0 (MCAD) behaviour

MH

Martin Hanák

Hey, thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately this is not working.
I renamed the directory and started the application. I had to enter the licence server info again, but the problem stayed the same...

It happens only to this assembly or to all assemblies after their opening? If with all - then try to reinstall the program.

Fortunately it only happens to this 1 assembly.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:dtimperman)

I see the user is opening a PVS file....which is different from using save as PVZ.  Think of the Z as "zipped up".  All the files associated are placed together...with PVS, the PVS file along with the associated image files are saved individually into a folder.  See picure below.  Tale a look at the user's directory where files are being saved to and make sure he has some associated files along with the PVS like PVA and OL files.  In the future, I would recommend PVZ.  I personally, don't see the use case for PVS unless you like to manage a bunch of files...but that is just my opinion.

Capture.JPG

Hey Bill, thanks for the response.

The directory he seems to be working with only contains the following:CREO 3 Folder.jpg

So you're saying that because of the crash the links between the pvs file and the images/other files were broken or lost and

that by working with the pvz files, the user will be less likely to experience this issue again?

Thanks for your help!

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:dtimperman)

Yes, my experience comes from saving information like this to my desktop...try saving a PVS to your desktop and it fills it up pretty fast!

In simple terms...the PVS is Assembly and the OL is the part with graphics information in the lower level objects.  The PVA has the translation information to locate the OL in 3d space.  I haven't figured out what the ETB file does....I deleted it out the folder and everything still worked.

You may want to do a search on the user's drive to look for OL files.   

Top Tags