Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in selecting parts

Highlighted

Re: Problem in selecting parts

I have the same problem, laptop screen hard to select, if i move Croe to a 2nd screen its no problem, any solution would be welcome

Highlighted

Just wanted to update this thread. I've since purchased a separate monitor (with a standard 1920x1080 resolution) and the selection problem persists. I'm not even using the built-in laptop display anymore, so it's just like a desktop computer with one of the displays turned off.

Highlighted

What graphics card/chip are you using?

Highlighted

It's a GeForce GTX 970M, which admittedly isn't the best choice for an OpenGL application like Creo. My laptop also has an Intel HD 530 chipset for 2D graphics, so the switching might be causing the selection problem (I believe the internal graphics are still used to draw the application window). I'd like to try the Direct3D driver with Creo, but it crashes the software on launch.

Highlighted

we have the same issue for the last few years since we moved to 4k displays. it's a real problem is you use surfaces a lot. selecting them is a nightmare. and trying to select multiple surfaces to merge or cycle through surface to select.

so I have one external 4k and 1 external 1080 monitor to resolve the issue, but working on my laptop is near impossible.

All hardware are Dell Precisions with Quadra cards, tested on 7 different laptops (2 models including the very latest 15' precision) tested with Win7 Win 8 and Win 10 with various drivers. 

we do have a Precision desktop working quite successfully on dual 4k however

Highlighted

I've had the same issue for months and have tried everything in this forum and more.  I've finally found something that works!  It's not the mouse, NVidia settings or anything else in this string of posts.  I simply changed my display resolution from the max (1920 x 1080 on my laptop) to 1600 x 900 and suddenly it's like I'm working on myexternal monitor.  It makes no sense, just like any solution to a problem that itself makes no sense.  But it works, at least for me.

Highlighted

Thanks for the tip about the screen resolution reduction, it seemed to fix the part selection problem for me too :).

We faced the same issue.There is some issue with high resolution monitors.This is fixed in Creo 3.0 M140 Date code.

We need to set 'high_dpi_enabled' to 'yes' in config.pro

Highlighted

We faced the same issue.There is some issue with high resolution monitors.This is fixed in Creo 3.0 M140 Date code.

We need to set 'high_dpi_enabled' to 'yes' in config.pro

Highlighted

srinivask,

THANK YOU!  This resolved the very frustrating pick issue for me as well, and it vastly improved the appearance of Creo in general.

I just switched to a new machine and am running Creo 3.0 M150 on my dual monitors at 3840x2160, and was not as pleased as I had hoped with the higher resolution.  This 'high_dpi_enabled' option wasn't found through the configuration editor, so I edited my config.pro manually and upon restarting Creo - WOW!

Thank you again for sharing your solution.  It made my day!

Kevin

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.