Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in selecting parts

Problem in selecting parts

I am facing problems to select a 3D part in an assembly, when I posisionate the mouse on the part it gets preselected, but when I click to select, it doesn't select the part. After trying twice, three times the part gets selected. It seems to be a configuration problem, because when I use the touchpad of my laptop, I can perfectly select the part, with no single problem. I already replaced my mouse to another one and the  problem is the same.

Can anyone helpe me with this situation?

I am using Creo 3.0 M080.

My laptop is a Dell, processor intel i7, RAM memory of 16GB, dedicated AMD video board of 2GB.

Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Problem in selecting parts

Hi,

uninstall mouse driver software provided by Dell and test Creo.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi, I removed the mouse device at the control panel, and inserted it again. The problem continues.

But I think it´s not the mouse itself.

On Creo, when I go to File > Options > Selection and turn off the option to enable preselection highlighting, I can perfectly select the parts with just one click, but it's very hard to work on this way.

If anybody has another hint I appreciate. My OS is windows 10.

Thanks.

This may help - this is from the PTC Tips and Tricks document:

PTC Creo Parametric provide various filters, including the Individual Selection filter, Compound Selection filter and Smart filter, to help you select items. PTC Creo Parametric automatically selects the Smart filter, if it’s available. The Smart filter enables you to select the most common types of items that are valid for the current geometrical context. This filter works on two levels. As you begin the selection process, the Smart filter allows you to select general, higher-level items (e.g., features or components), and after you select the higher-level items the Smart filter automatically narrows the selection scope to allow you to select more specific items, such as edges or faces. This process allows you to spend less time changing filters and more time modeling.

The problem with using the Smart filter is that it can take several mouse clicks to select geometry when the filter is engaged. For example, to select an edge to round on a model with the Smart filter on, you’d first select the feature, choose the surface that contains the edge, and then select Edge—for a total of three clicks.

INSTEAD

You can reduce the number of mouse clicks from three to one if you temporarily disable the Smart filter. To do so, simply hold down the Alt key. Now you can select the Edge by mouse clicking directly on it. (This tip can be used in any version of PTC Creo Parametric.

Hi everyone, the problem keeps me bothering, I don´t know what to do.

I still have to click several times to select a part in an assembly, using a mouse. Using touchpad of my laptop is OK, I can select a part with just one single click.

I am pretty sure that is a system configuration problem, because I already exchange my mouse three times and the problem continues.

I hope somebody can help me.

Thans a lot.

Ricardo,

the problem is related to your notebook, therefore it is difficult to help you.

What mice did you test ? I suggest you to test some cheap 2 button+wheel "animal".

Also read https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/message/412857#412857

MH

Martin Hanák

Yes, I am almost sure that is just a system configuration problem. I can´t believe my touchpad works properly and my mice doesn´t.

I have tryed 2 mice Satellite - model A15 and 1 HP. The three are very simple with 2 button+wheel.

I don´t have problems with zoom.

Hi everyone, I found out how to fix this problem about selecting parts. I bought a new monitor to use with my notebook, this second monitor opens Creo and I can use it with no problem. I think the problem is the resolution of the screen on my notebook, because only on my new monitor Creo works well, at my notebook's screen it keeps not working properly.

Does anyone know how to fix the resolution on my notebook, or if the issue is not this, what is happening?

My new monitor is a Dell P2314H - 23" - 1920x1080 - 60Hz

The only other thing that comes to mind is the laptop screen is using different graphics hardware/different graphics mode. AMD has been the most complained about graphics hardware (the Intel one has been a close second.) No idea if it's the hardware or the driver and there are too many combinations of Creo, OS, driver, hardware, to maintain a decent list.

I'm having the same issue in Creo 3.0 on a Windows 10 laptop. Out of curiosity, does your laptop have a high-resolution display, e.g. a 4K display? If so, what is your scaling factor set to in the Windows display properties?

My laptop has a native resolution of 3200x1800 pixels, so I need to run my scaling at 200% to keep things readable. Knowing how poorly Windows supports display scaling for these newer displays, I wouldn't be surprised if the selection issues in Creo are related to the either scaling factor, resolution, or just lack of 4K monitor support in Creo.

I too will be buying an external monitor one of these days, so I'm interested to see if this problem goes away. Your results keep me hopeful!