cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Problem to swich window using the taskbar

ptc-4528597
1-Newbie

Problem to swich window using the taskbar

Hello,

I encounter a small problem but nevertheless very annoying when I want to switch from a window to another using the taskbar

--> 8 times out of 10 I have to repeat the operation twice (clicking on the ProE icon in the taskbar / finding the window I want to open / clicking on it)

I know that it is possible to use the Window menu directly in ProE, but using the taskbar I can see the 3D model miniaturised before clinking on it which is rather practical.

Am I the only one experiencing this bug ? (I'm using Windows 7 but also happens with 8).

Many thanks for your help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

You are not alone.

I think it is a long-standing defect in Pro/E, errr, intended functionality.

The taskbar click causes Windows to send a message to an application that a window should be active, but it is up to the application to follow through. Similar to when one elects to open a file via Windchill, but still has to Activate the window. Or when you close a window and Pro/E does not revert to the previous window, but the latest one on the stack.

Maybe these are fixed in Creo??

Hello David,

Thank you for this explaination.

It's a bit paradoxal to use a CAD software with many complex features, and to see minor unfixed bugs like this one.

I don't know if it's fixed in Creo but I'll have the answer in few months (upgrade from Wildfire 5 to Creo 2).

Top Tags