cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Problems loading sections in an assembly

ptc-4857542
1-Newbie

Problems loading sections in an assembly

We're running Creo 2.0 M020. For the most part, we've had great luck with our upgrade from WF5 to Creo. However, we have a couple of assemblies that we're having trouble loading, and I think I've narrowed it down to the assembly cross sections that we've created.

The files in question were creataed in WF5 (as were 95% of what we're working with currently). What I can do to open the file in a normal amount of time is open the assembly as an Empty rep. I then suppress all of the sections that are listed at the bottom of the model tree. I can then activate the Master Rep, and everything opens rather quickly. I'll then click on one of the suppressed sections in the model tree, and Resume it. It's here where it takes anywhere from 12 minutes to over 20 minutes for one cross section to regenerate. Oddly, this doesn't occur in every assembly. It "seems" random. Has anyone else had this issue? And if so, did you ever discover a solution? Thanks in advance for any feeddback.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Cross sections were a significant source of hard crashes. It was resolved, but I wonder if you are dealing with the patch that PTC put in place for error handling.

I would suggest you open a case with PTC to investigate. There is likely one offending feature that, if suppressed, would make the interaction behave normally.

Top Tags