cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Purge extra files with WF3 (delete old versions)

ptc-120027
1-Newbie

Purge extra files with WF3 (delete old versions)

I'm working out side of windchill in a working directory and would like to purge the extra files in my working directory, in which I have several drawings, assemblies and parts. I say that because backup I don't think would work very well. I tried delete old versions when I have a part open. That is what I want to do, but for the whole folder. I've got 200-400 items in a folder, and I have a couple of folders to purge. It seems as though there used to be a purge command in later versions. What do others do to accomplish this? TIA

Eric Fleming | Engineering Technician
ITT Corporation, Residential & Commercial Water, 1 Goulds Dr., Auburn, NY 13021
Phone: 315-258-4840 | Fax: 315-258-4809 | -<">mailto:->

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Eric

The purge command is still there. I'm on Wildfire 4 M100 (installed
clean yesterday)
Open a command prompt (DOS) window goto your working folder and type in
purge.

Regards

Sarah Ford
CAD Designer
Tel. 01202 627200 Ext. 236
www.westwind-airbearings.com

In proe: Window < Open Command Prompt