cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Question regarding weld material definition.

ptc-4264974
1-Newbie

Question regarding weld material definition.

Hello,

I'm working with a welded assembly that will be analyzed in Mechanica. I'm having trouble defining a weld material, and I assume this is important for an accurate Mechanica analysis (please correct me if this assumption is wrong).

I figured out how to create a new material (Tools->Weld->Weld Material->New Weld Material->Define) but I'm not sure what to input for "Diameter" and "Length". Can someone help explain what these two fields mean?

Thanks!

Zach

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Should be the stick diameter and length of the stick that the welder will use. Pro/Weld probably uses this for BOM creation to let you know how much material (# of welding rods) will be needed to complete your design.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Should be the stick diameter and length of the stick that the welder will use. Pro/Weld probably uses this for BOM creation to let you know how much material (# of welding rods) will be needed to complete your design.

That makes sense, thanks for the help Jonathan.

Top Tags