Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on standard assembly screw library in Creo 3.0

Re: Questions on standard assembly screw library in Creo 3.0

It will take me a while to look through them, but I will try to find them.

One thing we do is have the family tables in a library in Windchill and set the preference that library objects are read-only when pulled into a workspace. This reduces the ability of the end user changing a library part. Only 2 of us here have librarian rights to modify library files. You can set Creo with a config.pro setting to not regenerate read-only objects, too. This helps for both library and released parts.

Hi,

in the IFX - Group you find an "Instance Creator".

Use this creator to create all your fastener parts to a selected folder.

Then simply use the normal process to upload the files to Windchill.

But first of all you should be clear if you want to use single part fasteners or family table fasteners.

Regards,
Oli

Oli,

The movie was very helpful, thank you.  I tried the instance creator and selected a folder on my desktop for the export location.  After the export completed, the screws did appear in my workspace.  The folder on my desktop was empty, however.  Is the export folder just used as a temporary location as the workspace gets populated with the parts?

Also, I opened one of the screws inside of Creo.  I am able to add parameters to the part.  For example, I added a "part_no" parameter and Creo accepted the edit.  I closed the file, emptied my memory, then re-opened the file.  The "part_no" parameter was there.  It seems that I can add parameters or am I missing something?

Thanks

Hi,

the export folder is needed if you work without Windchill. Then you can create all your file in an archive folder and add a search_path for this location. If working with windchill the files are stored in Workspace.

Of course you can modify the part after creation. The check for a valid fastener for the free version will take place while assemble this fastener. Then your "part_no" parameter will not be accepted.

Regards,
Oli

Open the Quick Links button on the tab right of your Windchill browser.

Then My Settings and Preferences.

Expand the Workspace settings, Add to Workspace and Check out and Add to Workspace Collector.

These should be set to the default, but check these

Include related family table objects and set to none

Include related Generics and set to none