cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Quick way to change mating conditions?

ptc-4864603
1-Newbie

Quick way to change mating conditions?

I'm a little green to WF5 so please bear with me, my terminolgy might be a little off. Also I did a search and nothing really came up.

When I place a part in my assembly, I go through the process of mating surface to surface, etc. to get it in it's correct place. After the part is in it's correct place I am required to change the mating to work from the part's datum planes to the assembly's datum planes using offset's.

What is the most efficient way to change them? Right now I am measuring the distance from each of the planes to their partner, writing them down, and doing the mates all over. It feels like there should be a better way.

Thank you.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In Creo 2, I may mate the two parts and then add the distance contraint as I wanted between the new part and the assembly datum. The default distance value will be what it is in the mated condition. Then I would disable or delete the initial mate condition. I don't know if WF5 would act the same way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

In Creo 2, I may mate the two parts and then add the distance contraint as I wanted between the new part and the assembly datum. The default distance value will be what it is in the mated condition. Then I would disable or delete the initial mate condition. I don't know if WF5 would act the same way.

Gee
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I tried it in WF 5.0 and it works. Mate the component to surface to surface and disable it then create a new mate to assy datum and part datum. It takes the offet value automatically and stays in the same place.Assy.jpg

Excellent, thank you guys!

Anytime, Ryan. Happy New Year!

Top Tags