cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Quick way to find session ID

jmayer
4-Participant

Quick way to find session ID

Hi, I am looking for a quick way to find all session ID's of the parts within my assembly, other than showing session ID of each part individually.

Is there a report that can be generated that provides this information? It would be nice if there were a model tree column that could be turned on, but it doesn't appear to be an option.

Thanks,

Jason

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:jmayer)

Back in the ancient of days when generating repeat region tables required an add-on license of ProReport, I created a table which, when placed on a drawing, would reveal a parameter value for every part in session by session ID. You could do the same, but it's a bit tedious.

You table would have two columns, one with sequential numbers (manually created as high as you think you'd have components), the second column would call, say &model_name:xx, with XX changing each row, sequentially.

Keep in mind, session ids are created as parts are brought into memory, and parts get assigned even numbers (starting with zero, I think) and assemblies are assigned odd numbers. (It's been along time since I did this, so I may have that backwards.) So, count by twos if all you want are parts or assembles.

You could probably do the same thing with a note, which would be fairly easy to create in notepad and the place on a drawing.

This assumes that everything you are interested in is in the same assembly and that you'll need to create or have a drawing available to put it on.

Hope that helps.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags