Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redefining sub-asm assembly contraints in WF2

Redefining sub-asm assembly contraints in WF2

Hi I have an assembly (asm1.asm). Inside asm1.asm is a sub asm callede subasm1.asm. How do I select subasm1.asm from within asm1.asm to redefine its position? Whenever I try to do this I can only select subasm1_part1.prt and not the sub assembly. I have just converted from 2001 to WF2 so Im probably missing a fundamental way of selecting sub assemblies. Thanks for your time.
4 REPLIES 4

RE: Redefining sub-asm assembly contraints in WF2

Don't select from desktop window. Select from model tree or use search tool. The worse part is when you try to delete subasm.asm . If you will select from deskton and you are not careful you will detele subasm1_part1.prt. later if you need to assemble subasm1.asm wil be aaasmeble without subasm1_part1.prt or if it's used in many places your part subasm_part1.prt will dissapear from every subasm1.asm

Thanks for the reply. All I see in my model tree is layers. I cant see a component model tree like Im used to? How do I show this?

"Lee Casey" wrote:

Thanks for the reply. All I see in my model tree is layers. I cant see a component model tree like Im used to? How do I show this?

You have that option Show in top of Layers Menu. From there you can active Model Tree. If you cannot see this you have to go in config option and change to YES option Model_Tree_Start. CC
Announcements