cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Relations fail when using component ID and when part is suppressed

eng_sentechas
10-Marble

Relations fail when using component ID and when part is suppressed

I'm using the component ID in relations and not the session ID because I'm replacing family table members as I posted yesterday. But now I have a new problem. Using component ID in relations works great until the part is suppressed. The 2 files below shows that it is working when the part isn't suppressed and that the relations have an error when the part is suppressed.

How do I prevent this from happening? Apparently the "if exists" doesn't work to determine if the is suppressed or not. And I can't find a way to determine if the part is suppressed.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks, Steve 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

following info is just a tip ...

You can use parameter value + Pro/PROGRAM to suppress component. That very same parameter can be used in relations.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

following info is just a tip ...

You can use parameter value + Pro/PROGRAM to suppress component. That very same parameter can be used in relations.

Martin Hanák

Thank Martin. It is too bad that the relations are having this issue when using component ID because relations for a suppressed parts using session ID don't. 

I'm going to use your suggestion for now and will make something work. What I wanted to do would have been a little easier for the person using our standard models but I can work around this issue.

Thanks again. I do appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Steve

Top Tags