cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Removing material in an assembly

ChristianSmith
1-Newbie

Removing material in an assembly

I have an assembly with various parts. I have a perimeter with parts that go past that point that I want to use an extrude for example and cut the excess material away so I can get a nice clean edge. When I do that it says my sketch is outside the model. What's the easiest way to remove material like this...taking away material from various parts?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If there are parts the cut section doesn't intersect to remove material remove those parts from the intersection list on the Intersect tab.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

If there are parts the cut section doesn't intersect to remove material remove those parts from the intersection list on the Intersect tab.

Top Tags