cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Render with line edges?

rm�ller
4-Participant

Render with line edges?

Good Morning everybody,

Id like to ask You, if there is any way to:

1)Render part/assembly with edges similar to "shading with edges" when in standart view

---OR---

2)Set better quality or anti-aliasing for edge lines

I want to use those renders for diagram and schematic purposes and those are much better with lined edges, but those basic ones are looking very poor and I am going to make those diagrams public, so I would prefer bigger quality.

Sorry for not perfect English and Thank You for any help or advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:rm�ller)

Welcome in our community Radek Müller

if you want something like Josef Lada picture style try play with following settings.

Make simply printsreens! Think you are not able to create "thick countour lines" in render or ARX (Advanced Render Extension is not free modul) mode.

Be ready for rapid hardware requirements increase. ---> prepara colors, views etc. and AFTERWARDS increase your settings.

00-dispaly_settings.jpg

Josef Lada typical picture with thick contour lines:

josef-lada-na-pastve.jpg

Picture for fun

Hope it can helps...

Milan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Shaded with edges can be very nice if you play with some of the other quality settings in the configuration options settings.

Play will all the quality settings until you get what you want.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Welcome in our community Radek Müller

if you want something like Josef Lada picture style try play with following settings.

Make simply printsreens! Think you are not able to create "thick countour lines" in render or ARX (Advanced Render Extension is not free modul) mode.

Be ready for rapid hardware requirements increase. ---> prepara colors, views etc. and AFTERWARDS increase your settings.

00-dispaly_settings.jpg

Josef Lada typical picture with thick contour lines:

josef-lada-na-pastve.jpg

Picture for fun

Hope it can helps...

Milan

rm�ller
4-Participant
(To:mbonka)

Oh well thank You both very much, this is the solution I was thinking about and I feel little ashamed I was not looking for this at first because Im student and early user of CREO at all.

So thanks also for respectful answer and hints, Im not used to have such pleasant attitude.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Happy to help you

Mark correct answer in order to help other users...

rm�ller
4-Participant

I have to ask again, because anti aliasing should be the solution, but applying the effect is not working. Can it be connected to my GPU or is there something I missed? I set quality to very high and anti aliasing to 8x but when i apply it, nothing happens.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Dont´t know about configs connected to model display quality.

Have found some youtube tutorial.

Creo Tutorial: How to setup Edge quality for Creo render scene - YouTube

Try to ask  Vladimir Palffy . He is the best one in rendering area .

Welcome to the forum, Radek

Please mark Milan's answer as correct,

Thanks for putting in the graphics, Milan.

An alternate I used long ago was to output the file as a hidden-line removed Postscript and also a shaded Postscript file to overlay the hidden line over the shaded one. This will produce a vector-based hidden line that can be pulled into GIMP or Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator; probably Inkscape (we didn't have Inkscape then ... so old.) The advantage of being separate is that the color, width, and existence of the lines can be changed without affecting the shaded portion. I suppose one could even make them dashed if desired.

I can do some interesting things within drawings but the rendering of shaded views is horrible as the lighting is seriously insufficient.  I have not found a way to improve it  but it seems to only way is to lighten the colors significantly.

This is a hidden line overlay on top of an external shaded view.

Shaded views are great on drawings, but here too, PTC missed the mark for making the images clear.

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

Hi @all,

can somebody tell me how to enable screen Antialiasing in Creo View 6.1?

On one machine, lines are displayed sharp and anti-aliased, however on another machine, the lines are pixelated.

I can't seem to find a setting for this in Creo View.

Thanks!

Top Tags