cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Repeat Region table relations, automation

bparikh-2
4-Participant

Repeat Region table relations, automation

I have a Part A with 3 parameters, a, b &c. I have multiple family instances in Part A with Combinations of parameters a, b & c.  Let's say, part A has 20  instances are A1, A2, A3...A20. This Part A is used in Assembly and in assembly I have used "lookup instance" to assemble appropriate instance of part A in assembly depending on matching parameters' values of  a, b & c. I am entering values of a, b & c from Layout (pro/notebook).

My problem is, I want to create a table in drawing, which shows the list of part A instances available with selected value of parameter "a“. Following table is desired. Please help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9
bparikh-2
4-Participant
(To:bparikh-2)

I have a Part A with 3 parameters, a, b &c. I have multiple family instances in Part A with Combinations of parameters a, b & c.  Let's say, part A has 20  instances are A1, A2, A3...A20.

This Part A is used in Assembly and in assembly I have used "lookup instance" to assemble appropriate instance of part A in assembly depending on matching parameters' values of  a, b & c. I am entering values of a, b & c from Layout (pro/notebook).

My problem is, I want to create a table in drawing, which shows the list of part A instances, available with selected value of parameter "a“. Following table is desired. Please help.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Hello Bhavin,

if you need only shown whole family table (with all instances) in drawing space, try to focus on TWO-D repeat region. This settings is used for exact this.

You can define simple or TWO-D settings, when you are creating new family table.

2d-FT_repeat_region.jpg

It needs more investigation from your side.

Hope it can helps

Regards

Milan

bparikh-2
4-Participant
(To:mbonka)

Thanks Milan.

However, I do not want to show full family table in drawing.I need to show/enlist the instances associated with particular value of one of parts' parameter. Refer below image. It may explain my requirements better. The first column is for "a" parameter with a particular value, say "i". Other two columns show the values of other parameters in family table instances.I hope this makes my requirements clear. Please help me.

ProQuery.JPG

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I would suggest you try repeat region filters.  I don't have my head totally wrapped around your model structure, but a maybe a filter like this:  &asm.mbr.a == "i"

bparikh-2
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

I appreciate your response.

However, is it possible to keep some parameter name (as my assembly is driven from pro/layout), in place of parameter value? ( I mean, can we somehow put "a" in place of "i" in above equation)

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I'm not sure.  You'd have to experiment.  Maybe something like this:

&asm.mbr.a == &asm.mbr.x  (only show models where the values for parameter A and X match)

There is also special syntax for family table instances.  &fam...  (see the help docs, or just experiment)

bparikh-2
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Thanks a lot Tom.

I will experiment and keep posted for results I achieve.

Regards,

Bhavin

bparikh-2
4-Participant

Hi,

I do not understand where & how the relation should be kept.

What I have done :

I have added generic part as an active drawing model in assembly drawing. Having that, I have created one 2-D Repeat region table with 3 variables"fam.inst.name", "fam.inst.param.name" and "fam.inst.param.value". This gives me the whole family table of generic part. After that I have given relation as, "&fam.inst.param.value==&asm.mbr.A", where A is the parameter name. In assembly,value of Parameter A is driven from layout. Parameter with same name (A), is also available in Generic part and value of parameter A is manually entered in part. Based on value of "A" in layout, assembly uses matching value instance of generic part. In generic part, there are more than one instances of same value for parameter A.

My requirement is, Table should show all instances which corresponds to particular value of Parameter A.

Please help me to resolve this. I do not want to go for Pro/Toolkit.

Thanks,

Bhavin

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Bhavin Parikh‌, would you be willing to either upload your data or create a simplified set of data that you can upload?  It would make it much easier to understand exactly what you're trying to accomplish.  You can upload files to the discussion with the advanced editor.  (See top right corner of reply window.)

Top Tags