cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Repeat Regions & Representations

awaters
1-Newbie

Repeat Regions & Representations

Hello everyone!

I've been trying to create a repeat region BOM that will load characteristics from multiple simplified representations of the same model. For example, check out this chart below displaying an assembly with 3 simplified representation variants.

Part numberPart DescriptionIndexSimp. Rep 1Simp. Rep 2Simp. Rep 3
&asm.mbr.userparameter&asm.mbr.userparameter&rpt.index&rpt.qty&rpt.qty&rpt.qty
12345Square peg1111
98765Plate with round hole2101
12398Hammer3110

I've found one file in our entire system that is somewhat similar to what I want, but it looks like it was created in Pro/E.

Representations.png

Here's a picture of what I've got from the old file. The part circled in red can only be seen if I highlight the cell (displayed behind rpt.qty) or if I change the text style. When I type that same value ( to at the very least try to re-produce the same result ) into the extra column I've added on the far side, I get the error shown. Clearly, it recognizes the language and the functionality but does "not allow it".

Was this functionality disabled in Creo 2.0? Any ideas?

-Adam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:awaters)

Adam,

Check attached video, I hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:awaters)

Adam,

Check attached video, I hope this will help you.

Thanks Mahesh!

-Adam

Top Tags