cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Replace by unrelated component and asm0001 already exists

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Replace by unrelated component and asm0001 already exists

CREO 2 / PDMLink 10.0

I just successfully accomplished replacing a component in my top level assembly. When I went to replace the next one (I needed to replace 3 items with 3 new items), CREO throws me an error saying 'ASM0001' already exists. When I try to find asm0001, I can't.

I tried to find it using file open in session, working directory, workspace. I tried erase not displayed. I closed everything and erased everything. I closed creo and restarted. Still no luck.

Now I can't replace the last 2 items I need to replace. Fortunately they are easy to assemble, but replace is so much easier.

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

You know I looked at my workspace and didn't see the asm0001.asm. After Ted sent this, I just double checked and found a ghost object created with that name. Not sure why I didn't see it the first time around, ghost objects tend to stand out nicely. Either I didn't refresh my workspace or more likely, I'm an idiot.

Not sure why it did it this time and not the in the past (although I remember helping someone with this problem once). I use replace by unrelated component extensively.

Anyway, thank for the reminder.

Thanks for posting. I was having the same (very frustrating) issue and could not figure it out.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

When I looked at this, seemed like a response was missing...thanks to some extensive email archives, this was Ted's response.

I ran into a similar error a few months ago… It seems that that assembly name is what Creo creates temporarily to show the old and new component when you pick the new references.  If you have an assembly with that name in your workspace it will give that error.  I happened to have an assembly with that name and deleted it or renamed it and then it worked fine…  Not sure if it’s the same case with you, but it worked with me.

Thanks!

Ted

Top Tags