cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Repost of an old issue...only now it's a real problem.

DeanLong
10-Marble

Repost of an old issue...only now it's a real problem.

I posted this a very long time ago and did not receive any responses. If memory serves, I was not far along with the model at the time and I simply started it over. However, I did not remember to avoid it this time and it's become an issue with a client.

Does anyone have similar issues with the Style feature getting inextricably linked to the upper level assembly it exists within? I can see the reference that's missing in the Reference Viewer. But I cannot find the actual failed/missing ref of the feature within the Style Super-feature.

Gold

Has anyone had a situation where a Style feature that happened to be edited within an assembly (I.E. it's parent part was activated) suffer from an unbreakable and hidden dependency to the assembly it was edited within?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

It doesn't just require style.

I've had parts "corrupt" themselves with similar regeneration issues that could not be found by layman's means.

I would suggest, if it is an option, to submit a support case and submit the files.

If nothing else, you might learn, and share, how to go about tracking down these illusive assignments.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:DeanLong)

Is this issue occurring in models that are in Windchill?  I've had plenty of issues where Windburn, er, Windchill, wants to drag everything else along in check-in's, and I can't find a single external ref to link them.  It seems to like to tie unrelated models together simply because they're in the same top assy.  When  you want to work on one part, that has NOTHING to do with others besides the fact that they're in the same top assy, it want's to check out a ton of parts?  Why?  Who knows.....  Intralink didn't do this.....just sayin'..... 

Best of luck!

I'd say 'try' to report it to PTC sooner rather than later. It's now more than 4 and half years since you posted the question for the first time. Who knows on what PTC focuses now. It might just be too late.

Top Tags