cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Reuse part in skeleton assemblies

sdeuve
1-Newbie

Reuse part in skeleton assemblies

Hi all,

I am quite new to skeleton and still have some doubts about how to use all the features. I am drawing a machine with several identical rollers and moving parts.

For that reason, I used a motion skeleton, in which I made a sketch with all my rollers and moving parts. After sketching, I created parts in the motion skeleton, and then activated the main assembly.

Once I am there, I create a new part (roller.prt) and ask Creo to attach it to my skeleton parts (roller_skel.prt). Now I have drawn one roller and would like to reuse the model for the other rollers.

I noticed that Creo, when asked to attach a model to a skeleton, will create coordinate systems, and their location seems quite random to me.

I could just assemble the created model (roller.prt) to another skeleton with the same method (coincident CS), but the result is not as expected (roller not on the good axis).

I have tried to re-specify where the skeleton's CS should go, but anyway, when I attach the model to the skeleton, a new CS is created (CS0).

I think I'm doing something wrong here, so I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

Sebastien

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags