cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Reversioning parts

cstarnes
10-Marble

Reversioning parts

I have hundreds of similar ProE 2001 assembly models in their own sub-folders, and each assembly uses parts that were originally copied from a generic assembly. In other words, I can grab a part from one folder and copy it to another, and when I load the assembly the copied part comes in fine.

While migrating everything to Creo, I want to update all of those parts to use new layer rules, parameters, etc., and then copy them into each of the other assembly folders. Before I do that, I want to change the version of them to something like "xxx.prt.2000", so I won't overwrite any existing "old" versions, and can easily identify them as the Creo 2 versions.

So my question is, does anyone know of a program, batch utility, etc. that will let me select a folder, and it will go through and change all of the version numbers of the .prt files to "2000" (or whatever I want)?

I could probably write a down and dirty program using VBA or something, but it's been a while and I'm getting lazy in my old age. 

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, Craig

You can try genius-tools-purge, the program can change all part versions.

(unselect all except .prt , set 2000 to version number and push "purge")

Path to download: http://www.inneo.de/produkt/genius-tools-purge/

Regards

Leonid

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cstarnes)

Following is an ahk script that let's the user select a folder then goes into this folder and automatically renames files in the folder also going into it's subfolders such that any file named for instance file.log.2 becomes file.log.2002

FileSelectFolder, selectedFolder

Loop, Files, % selectedFolder . "\*.*", DFR

{

If RegExMatch(A_LoopFileName, "\.log\.\d$")

|| RegExMatch(A_LoopFileName, "\.prt\.\d$")

|| RegExMatch(A_LoopFileName, "\.asm\.\d$")

{

FileMove, % A_LoopFileFullPath, % A_LoopFileDir . "\"

. RegExReplace(A_LoopFileName, ".\d$", "") . "." . (A_LoopFileExt + 2000)

}

}

Use at your own risk

Top Tags