cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Rotational displacement of a simple 2 part hinge around a coordinate system

mcr28007
2-Guest

Rotational displacement of a simple 2 part hinge around a coordinate system

Hi,

I am getting an error messgae when trying to apply a rotational displacement around a coordinate system on a simple 2 part hinge assembly. 

I have attached a word document with multiple screen shots of how i have got to the error message.

The hinge assembly is constraimned by a coordinate system on the barrel of the hinge and an angle offset (10 degrees) on the 2 planes through the parts. 

In simulate the assembly is closed, an interface connection definition applied to the mating faces.  I want to make the moving part rotate around the fixed part by adding a displacement of 3 degrees to see the impact on the asembly.  Hwoever when trying to add this ratational displacement i get the error message in the attached document.

Please could someone offer assistance?  What am i doing wrong and is what im trying to do even possible?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
ehaenen
4-Participant
(To:mcr28007)

Hi MCR28007

A solid actually has no rotational degrees of freedom. You can not prescribe a rotation. Only translations

What yo u need to do is add a datumpoint, slightly removed from the citrcular endface and connect that to the endface with a  rigid connection.

Then prescribe the rotation.

Look:

Kind regards

Erik

Top Tags