cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

SUBCOMPONENT PARAMETERS OF MULTI-LEVEL FAMILY TABLED ASSEMBLY IN TOP LEVEL

ScottMoorman
5-Regular Member

SUBCOMPONENT PARAMETERS OF MULTI-LEVEL FAMILY TABLED ASSEMBLY IN TOP LEVEL

This one is killing me - as I've got to be missing something.

3 level assembly - with each level family tabled.

Each level has parameters assigned appropriate to that level.

EXAMPLE

TOP LEVEL - RATCHET ASSEMBLY (finish, shipping weight, etc.)

2ND LEVEL - STRAP ASSEMBLY (Hook style)

3RD LEVEL - STRAP (MATERIAL, COLOR)

I've got ALL of the parameters in the TOP LEVEL and was setting them with a relation - and then I realized that the session ID is changing for each family table instance!

What I'm really looking for is a way to put the component parameters on a drawing without having to "look up" seesion ID's each time.  This seems like very basic functionality - so I'm hoping I'm missing something.

In relations - is there a way to find the "active" instance?

2 REPLIES 2

To set parameters of an instance I always use the family table. Trying to do so via assembly relations never seems to work, unless I seek out the generic session ID and set its values. Creo seems to ignore attempts to set parameters for instances, at least as far as I can see.

ScottMoorman
5-Regular Member
(To:KenFarley)

so there is no obvious way to bring a component level parameter up to the assembly level (that works as various instances are selected in the family table)?

what you are describing is what I'm seeing, it's just hard to believe. Am I overlooking some configurable assembly functionality perhaps?
Top Tags