cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Save a copy - external reference

MaikTheBike
15-Moonstone

Save a copy - external reference

Hi,

When I try to save a copy of my assembly there is a error (red circle and white X) saying something like:

Model has been renamed by reference.

How can I remove this reference and save a copy ?

Thanks,

Maik

2 REPLIES 2
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:MaikTheBike)

Have you looked in the knowledge base?

when you search the error message, you'll find this article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS201347 

A workaround consists in turning off the option retrieve_data_sharing_ref_parts 

Hi, 

One of the simplest ways around this issue is to reuse the problem part so that you can complete the save as. When the save as is done, you will be able to replace the problem part by a copy with no issue. Alternatively, you can remove the external reference before saving a copy. If those options don't work, you could try what we call an insert bar save as. Here are the steps:

• Open the assembly
  • Drag the insert bar up or suppress everything in the assembly manually
  • File > Save As > Save a Copy
  • Resume everything in both assemblies

This method allows you to cheat the system and get around the external reference issues. However, there is danger involved. You can end up with broken references because you don't give Creo a chance to resolve them in the new assembly.

Ty

Top Tags