cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Saved sketch entities disappear sometimes from drawings

jtompkins
1-Newbie

Saved sketch entities disappear sometimes from drawings

I created a new drawing today for work, based on a template that I created previously. For this template, I imported a vector file of our logo and it exists on the template as hatch sketch entities.

I noticed while working that one letter had disappeared from the logo. I scrapped what I was doing and recreated the drawing, paying careful attention to the logo. I found that when I created a view and selected "custom scale" in the properties for the view, the letter in the logo vanished. It was the same letter and happened consistently every time.

The weirdest thing is that creo still thinks the letter is there - in the drawing tree, under hatches, I can see and select the hatch associated with that letter. It's still there. But when I select it, nothing is highlighted.

I have confirmed through experimentation that this happens even if I copy and paste a new instance of the logo. The new logo will paste completely and normally, but that same letter on it will disappear later. If I area select and copy a "disappeared" logo the error is copied with it. Or perhaps it simply doesn't copy the non-visible hatch.

Moving a view causes the same problem to occur. Changing the display state of the view or the orientation does not. I will update with any additional insights I gain through experimentation.

Any help or insight is appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags