cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Screen cast showing animated exploded assembly reassembling itself

ptc-3900902
1-Newbie

Screen cast showing animated exploded assembly reassembling itself

Need to produce a short video for manufacturing staff and marketing staff showing the disassemble and reassembly of the solar integrated hydronic heating appliance. Model built in Creo with current version software.

Does anyone know the steps or can direct me to the tutorial video?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

April, 22, 2012

Brian,

Thanks so much for responding. I gave up on it go so stale.

all 772 or so views and you were the only one to respond. Margarita for that man.

The instructions look great and I want to know if you are interested in helping me produce a series of short assembly animations for one of my products that will appear in a short video animation that includes my voice over narration of the assembly process, features and benefits.

See the following page on my website to see the stages that each would be assembled in the animation.

This family of products in called Climate Right Systems. This appliance is one of them.

http://sustainabledesignpm.com/products/

If you are interested please send me your CV, resume or portfolio links so I can familiarize myself with your work.

If you are not interested in doing this with me, thanks for the directions and I will have my proE designer follow the steps under my direction.

Please contact me directly at -

Cheers.

Bill Shady

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi William...

I realize this is a rather stale post. To perform this kind of thing directly from Pro/E, you'd need to use Pro/ANIMATE. Even so, this will be a relatively painful endeavor. The output from Pro/ANIMATE isn't very good. You could use Pro/ANIMATE to generate the explode/unexplode motions (and any rotating or zooming, etc) and then screen-capture the results using third party software like CAMTASIA STUDIO or SNAGIT (in video mode). This would give decent results.

You might also be able to take advantage of some of the new animation features in Creo View. There are some very nice explode/unexplode features in the new Creo View (motions for unscrewing fasteners, etc).

BUT... if someone asked me to produce such a video... and do it FAST... I'd do it this way:

1) Generate a series of simplified reps showing the various stages of component assembly. Make one for each "Step" of your process.

2) Generate a series of explode states... one for each simplified rep... exploding the components.

3) Use COMBINED STATES (View Manager>"ALL" tab) to create a new state for each rep/explode. Again, make one combination state for each "Step" using the reps and explode states from the first 2 steps.

4)Go to View>Display Combined States from the top Pro/E menu. This will give you the ability to list the combined states at the bottom of the model window.

5) Place all of your combined states at the bottom of the model window in order. Starting from fully assembled to fully disassembled, cycle through each state by clicking on them using the tabs at the bottom of the screen.

6) Go to View>Display Settings>Model Display and insure Animation while exploding is enabled. For extra effect you can turn on "Follow Expldoe Sequence". If you do this, then your components will explode in the order in which you moved them when you created the explode states in Step 2. If you just want everything to explode simultaneously, leave this setting unchecked.

7) Install the 30-Day trial of Camtasia Studio from Techsmith.com. Use this to record the graphics portion of your Pro/E window (make sure not to grab the area at the bottom of the screen where the combination state buttons are located). Step through each of your combination states. This will slowly explode or reassemble your models in series. Stitch together the video captures and output using the Camtasia Production Tools.

You'll need to invest about an hour reading and watching the Camtasia tutorials. But this process is fast, requires very little special Pro/E work, and looks just as good as spending alot of time working in Pro/ANIMATE.

If you'd like an example, I might be able to make a quick one using this technique.

Now that I've written it, I wish I'd made a video and posted it for everyone!

Good luck!

-Brian

April, 22, 2012

Brian,

Thanks so much for responding. I gave up on it go so stale.

all 772 or so views and you were the only one to respond. Margarita for that man.

The instructions look great and I want to know if you are interested in helping me produce a series of short assembly animations for one of my products that will appear in a short video animation that includes my voice over narration of the assembly process, features and benefits.

See the following page on my website to see the stages that each would be assembled in the animation.

This family of products in called Climate Right Systems. This appliance is one of them.

http://sustainabledesignpm.com/products/

If you are interested please send me your CV, resume or portfolio links so I can familiarize myself with your work.

If you are not interested in doing this with me, thanks for the directions and I will have my proE designer follow the steps under my direction.

Please contact me directly at -

Cheers.

Bill Shady

Hi Bill...

I'd be happy to help. I'll forward my information to your gmail.

Now that I'm re-reading this post, I have some additional ideas. Depending upon the complexity of your models, there may be other, better options. Creo View's animation capabilities are simple yet very impressive. That might actually be the best way to go.

Glad I was able to help. We'll talk more offline.

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags