cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Search on Mass

JWayman
1-Newbie

Search on Mass

Hello,

Once in a while, I, or one of my colleagues, neglect to set the density of a part and the mass of the assembly is reported as something huge.

Usually, I show the density and mass in the model tree and I can scan for silly numbers by eye.

However, when the assembly has a large number of parts, it is easy to overlook the offending item, especially if it is in a sub-assembly.

Is there a way to use the Search icon to look for components in which pro_mp_mass is greater than a certain value, or, indeed, in which pro_mp_density is 1.00?

I can only work out how to search for a user-defined parameter called Mass which is greater than a certain value. Our parts do not need a Mass parameter, however, since they automatically have a pro_mp_mass parameter. I am certainly not in a position to add such a parameter to every part in the database.

I even tried using Modelcheck to find parts with default density (DEF_DENSITY test), but I couldn't get that to work, wither.

I suspect the visual scan is the answer, but, if there is a way to search for a value of pro_mp_mass or pro_mp_density, I would be pleased to hear how.

Wildfire 4, M220

Cheers,

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

John,

in Creo 2.0 I was able to use the following procedure. I hope that it can be used in WF4, too.

model_tree.png

I used configuration buttons marked in the above picture.

• click LB (left button) > Tree Filters > turn off Features option
  • click LB (left button) > Tree Columns > set Type = Model Params, manually enter PRO_MP_DENSITY into Name field and click Arrow button to move the parameter into Displayed area
  • now you will see Model Tree similar to my picture
  • click RB (right button) > Expand All
  • click LB > Save Model Tree > save the contents of Model Tree into treetool.txt file
  • open treetool.txt file in Notepad and search for 1.000000 string

Good luck

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:JWayman)

John,

You can use search tool for PRO_MP_DENSITY

> Look for : Solid Model

> Look By: Solid Model

> Include Sub models

> Expression > Symbol = PRO_MP_DENSITY (manually type this)

> value = 1

Search.png

Top Tags