cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Session ID for Assembly Components

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet

Session ID for Assembly Components

Hi everybody.

I have a question about the session ID of assembly components. I'm using CREO4.

Let me explain with an example.

I have an assembly with two components which have the session IDs #2 and #4.

I Save a Copy of assembly and two components as well.

In the new assembly the session IDs of new components are different (e.g. #0 and #2)

Do you know if it's possible to manage this IDs or is it possible to keep the same ID of the original file ?

Many thanks 

Pierluigi

8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:pdiletti-2)

Each assembly as it is built will have unique SIDs for its components. They should remain static within the assembly, but as you notes a SaveAs will create new SIDs in the renamed assembly.

I do not believe there is a way to manually manipulate these, they are internally generated.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Session IDs are just that, an ID for that specific component for that session.  These are assigned sequentially as objects are loading into memory and released as objects are removed from memory.  Creo is smart enough to automatically keep the values (relationships) correct as objects are loading into session.  You can get into trouble if you try to build mapkeys that refer to session IDs or you try to do a 'Save As' with models suppressed that contain relations that use session IDs.

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet
(To:TomU)

Yes, exactly.

I'm trying to automate some operations and I found this limit. 

I hoped that using "Save As" had possibility to keep the ID ... But unfortunately it doesn't.

Thanks anyway .

Pierluigi 

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Just realize that they don't *need* to stay the same, they simply have to maintain the same relative relationships.  As long as the 'Save As' happens with everything related in session, you should have no problems.

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet
(To:TomU)

Hello

Trying to use the Save as function, the IDs of parts will be changed in the new assembly file. So the automatic procedure doesn't work !

Pier

@pdiletti-2 wrote:

"I'm trying to automate some operations"

"So the automatic procedure doesn't work !"

Pier

What are you trying to automate? If you could tell us some more about the steps you want to automate, perhaps we can offer a (different) solution...

Thank you.

I'm trying to create a sort of Assembly template for all our users.

This template assembly file is already fully defined and ready to be used with two parts. This assembly file represents an over-molded system (two shots of a injection plastic system). 

I have also a drawing for this assembly file..

In this template assembly 3D file (and in the drawing as well)  I have a Annotation feature with a note.

The note has some attributes coming from the two parts (material, volume, mass,...).

And the note is written in this way " material of part 1 is : &material:2",

where ":2" is the ID of the part in the template file.

If I need to create a real two-shots injection part I would "Save As" the template assembly file with a specific new real assembly with the real Code.

And, of course , I lost the annotation, because that part loses the original ID (#2) but gets new one !

Hoping to have been clear, Thanks !

Pier    

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Even though the number changes, the relationship should be preserved and the annotation should not fail.  If it is then there is a bug that needs to be corrected.  Any chance you can either post a video or upload a copy of this assembly and drawing?

Top Tags