cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Setting a Slider Mechanism Relationship to Another Part in an Assembly

wjordan
1-Newbie

Setting a Slider Mechanism Relationship to Another Part in an Assembly

I have two sliders on the same rail and I have the left one defined as a slider mechanism powered by a servo motor and it works fine. When I move the left slider I want the right slider to move the same amount but in the opposite direction. I was trying to set up a relationship such that

left edge of rail to left slider = right edge of rail to right slider

And I was able to find the parameter for the right slider because it is defined as a distance from the right edge of the rail. However I have been unable to find a parameter for the left slider since it is defined as a slider mechanism. Anyone know how to create a distance reference that I can use or a way of doing this? Thanks.

Also a little more background, the sliders are being used for our scissor mechanism on our FRC robot this year. I'll attach some pictures to help understand what I'm trying to do, but basically the sliders need to move closer together and further apart equal amounts.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:wjordan)

Wyatt,

Did that link help you resolve your issue?

Top Tags