cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Show only selected planes?

sloman
1-Newbie

Show only selected planes?

Is there a way to show only the planes I want? I have an assembly whit al lot of parts. Each part has their own planes. I can turn all planes “on” or “off” whit the “datum display filters”. But I don’t want all the planes off! I only want the planes from parts “off”.

And I am to lazy to “hide” all the planes I don’t want….

Thanks, Stefan

5 REPLIES 5
Gee
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sloman)

Hide layers in parts for which you dont want to display datums and save status.

Hello,

you could hide the layer of the datums,this will hide all the datums,

Then you can remove the datums of the assembly from that layer you just hide...

Best regards

Pedro Neves

I think a was able to work with the layers as you both described. I have made two sets of layers, one whit the planes on, and one with the planes off. When I save the part with the layer “planes_off”, the part will be shown in the assembly whit the planes off. When I save the part in the layer “planes_on”, the part will be shown with the planes on in the assembly.

But is there a way to control the layers of the part when I am in the assembly? And then I mean the control the layers that I had made in the part. Now I am only seeing the layers as shown in the picture and not the layers I created.Knipsel.JPG

jsarkar
1-Newbie
(To:sloman)

this method works good as far as your requirement however I doubt for having 2 or 3 levels of assembly, how effective it would be.

This would seem a major problem with mot than 2 parts in a assembly. I have made complex assemblies in others software and can easily edit the view of individual planes, axis features etc from the design tree. There must be a way other than "workarounds ".
Top Tags