cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Showing part level axes in an assembly drawing

nhanratty
2-Guest

Showing part level axes in an assembly drawing

All

I must be missing something very simple but how do you show axes within a part on an assembly level drawing?

I assumed you select the part in the drawing, right mouse button menu, select 'Show Model Annotations' and select on the datum tab of the dialog box?

When I do this (see attached) I am told that 'No annotations can be shown in the current sheet/view for the selected objects'. And yes there are axes within the model. I get this error regardless if I pick a 3D view or orthogrphic view.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Neal

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:nhanratty)

Of course this is assuming that there are axes to be shown. I see slotted
holes in that picture. IF you see them in the model you "should" be able to
display them on the drawing - selectively.

Michael P. Locascio

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:nhanratty)

I usually pick the view to show the axes. Of course sometimes that may be to many to pick from.
Pick the view border and it will show all the available axes in that view.
[cid:image003.jpg@01CEDA22.7B0B3B80]

Alternatively, select the part and it will show the axes for that part but make sure you are selecting the part and not just a feature.
You can aid this by using the smart filter in the lower RH corner and setting it to component.

[cid:image004.jpg@01CEDA22.7B0B3B80]

Good Luck
Steve

Top Tags