cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Simplified Rep CG how to ?

cdiaz-2
11-Garnet

Simplified Rep CG how to ?

how do I specify in my relations how to control the values of the csys dimensions by a mass properties report for a specific rep?

this is what i've done so far:

I created a cg csys referencing the default acs0 csys

used the following for relations:

$d438=mp_cg_x("","ACS0","")
$d439=mp_cg_y("","ACS0","")
$d440=mp_cg_z("","ACS0","")

all this works great as long as its the master rep, but I need the value to show for a simplified rep.

so i'm guessing somehow there has to be a way in the relations to tell it to get the value from a specific rep to drive the new CG location.

thanks everyone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:cdiaz-2)

There is a config.pro option to control mass properties calculations:

force_upd_assem_mp_in_simp_rep

Depending on exactly what you are doing, this may or may not do what you want. 

Judging from the wording of your question, I'm not confident you will find a solution to your problem.

We all use simplified reps for different reasons but, in general, PTC has set up simplified reps to manage large assemblies/memory usage and NOT for product variations, even though some of us use them for that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II

There is a config.pro option to control mass properties calculations:

force_upd_assem_mp_in_simp_rep

Depending on exactly what you are doing, this may or may not do what you want. 

Judging from the wording of your question, I'm not confident you will find a solution to your problem.

We all use simplified reps for different reasons but, in general, PTC has set up simplified reps to manage large assemblies/memory usage and NOT for product variations, even though some of us use them for that.

we have a component with a door open position and a door closed position.

just tried it, it actually worked perfect, so thank you I appreciate your reply very much

StephenW
23-Emerald II

That's great. Just be aware that when you open the assembly in a different rep, it WILL recalculate the mass properties based on the rep that is open.

Top Tags